Read Your World!
This summer, take your child on a global adventure! Studies show that reading at least six books over the summer can help retain learning from the previous school year. Summer reading is CRITICAL for maintaining and expanding intellectual development of children of all ages.
I am offering a personalized Summer Reading Program so that I can keep my own children engaged and am opening this up to local friends as well!
About the Summer Reading Program:
- Who: Open to children ages 2-10 and their parents/ caregivers
- When: We will be in my home in Tucker on Monday and Wednesday mornings from 10-12
- What: I have pre-selected books (see below) can be read ahead of time. When we meet we will read and discuss the book and do a craft or game that supports it. Snack will be shared on a rotating basis contributed by the joiners.
To join the Summer Reading Program:
- Join my closed Facebook Group and select the events you’d like to attend.
- Sign up to be a part of my Summer Reading Program. This is FREE and gives you the opportunity to print your World Passport and browse the books from each continent that we will be reading.
- Get your books! For the month of May if you spend $60 (which at $10 each should get you at least 6 books for your summer reading!) you will receive the World Atlas for FREE (a $20 value). Use code GOGLOBAL when checking out to take advantage of this offer.
- Purchasing the books is not mandatory to participate but is highly encouraged and appreciated! Monies raised from the summer reading books purchased will be put towards craft and game offerings for your children.
- I will have copies available for loan or purchase during our meetings as well.
The first 5 families to purchase books will be entered into a drawing to win a FREE Travel Journal! There are games, mazes, story prompts, packing lists and more to keep children occupied and amused on the road!
Have questions or need a recommendation? As usual, just Ask Sarah!
THE BOOKS- Below is a listing of the books we will be working with. They are listed by continent. For each book (except the chapter books and the collections) there will be a separate event to join through my Facebook group. We will handle the chapter books a bit differently 🙂
AFRICA & INDIA- The Elephant’s Ears
Egypt- We’re Sailing Down the Nile
Kenya– Mama Panya’s Pancakes
Nigeria– Catch that Goat
South Africa– The Mother of Monsters (chapter book)
China– Lin Yi’s Lantern
China- We’re Riding on a Caravan
India– Elephant Dance
Nepal– Chandra’s Magic Light
Israel- One City, Two Brothers
Cambodia– Dara’s Clever Trap (chapter book)
Ireland– The Faery’s Gift
Spain– Lola’s Fandango
Denmark– Thumbelina (chapter book)
England– Arthur of Albion (chapter book)
NORTH AMERICA- The Terrible Chenoo (chapter book)
Mexico– Off we go to Mexico
Australia- The Barefoot Book of Earth Tales
Tahiti- Rona Long Teeth (chapter book)
Amazon Basin- We’re Roaming through the Rainforest